Do you have a passion for tech and love helping others? Would you like to work in an environment surrounded by energetic, dynamic teams working on the latest technology with an inspiring and positive attitude? We’re looking for an IT Site Support Technician to join Yelp’s IT Operations team in our NYC office.
Our Yelp IT Operations team provides world class support for our employees in our Yelp offices and those working remote. As an IT Site Support Technician, you’ll deliver 5-star service and support both in-office and for our remote employees throughout the U.S. You’ll also be the escalation point for Tier 2 issues and be responsible for supporting Mac, Chrome OS and Windows desktops and laptops, mobile devices, phones, printers, video conferencing, training and general assistance. We’re primarily an Apple and Chrome OS environment, so we’re looking for a teammate who can comfortably live and breathe in the Mac and Chrome world.
Please note that this opportunity is exclusively available physically in office and requires regular attendance in our office space (Monday-Friday). This role can not be completed remotely.
We would love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Respond to escalated tickets, provide solutions for reported customer problems, and prioritize and manage ticket queue.
- Support in-office walk-ups and remote assistance while providing a great customer experience for our Yelpers.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems and provide employee training.
- Work with Workplace, People Operations, Recruiting and IT Logistics teams to ensure 100% success on all new hires, transfers, and separations.
- Collaborate with our engineering, logistics and AV teams to roll out new technologies and improve and optimize our solutions.
- Assist with cycle counts, purchasing, and monthly replenishment of IT equipment for local and remote employees.
- Drive team projects to complete tasks on time and to specifications.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 3-5 years of IT desktop support experience in an enterprise environment.
- Deep knowledge of supporting macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, Windows 10, and Android.
- Solid grasp of the following technologies: Google Workspace, MS Office for Mac and PC, Active Directory, Okta (SSO), Twilio, Jira service desk, JAMF, Canon printers, Google Meet, and familiarity with Chrome OS a plus.
- Excellent hands-on and remote customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Process creation and documentation experience.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Size : 5001 to 10000 Employees
Founded : 2004
Type : Company – Public
Industry : Internet
Sector : Information Technology
Revenue : $1 to $2 billion (USD)