Network Coverage is seeking smart, energetic entry-level technicians to join our growing team. Candidates will primarily work from home, however dispatch to the field can be a frequent occurrence and may occur multiple times per week.
Real-world IT experience is required, however what is most important is passion and troubleshooting acumen. Show us that you can think through problems, even when you don’t have experience with the issue, and that will show us that you can do the job.
Information Technology Specialist (Tier 1)
Reports To: Technical Service Managers
Basic Scope and Function:
The primary objective of the IT Specialist Tier 1 is to address and resolve support client requests via ticket, email, phone and in person at the client’s location. The goals are to resolve as many tickets as completely as possible. For field appointments, the goals are to complete the task at hand as efficiently as possible and with as minimal impact to the client as possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Required:
- Strong problem-solving skills, firm understanding of how to properly troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent customer service skills, including understanding how to de-escalate, how to soothe and how to deliver the most efficient solution.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to ask qualifying questions to produce the optimal result.
- Strong familiarity with Windows desktop operating systems.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of application.
- Experience with Mac OS and iOS is preferred, but not required.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Familiarity with Windows server operating systems are a big plus.
- Familiarity with RMM tools is a plus, but not required.
- Strong organizational, operational and inter-personal skills.
- Assertive, customer-oriented and task-driven attitude.
- Reliable personal transportation for use in traveling to clients’ offices is essential.
Minimum Experience and Education Required:
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year real world IT experience.
- No College Education or Certifications Required
Supervisory/Managerial Experience and Responsibility:
- No supervisory or managerial experience required.
- No supervisory or managerial duties in this role.
Work is primarily performed in standard office environments. Client environments may vary. May be exposed to moderate noise levels from machinery. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for 8 hours or more daily.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Duties may also involve stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching and moving of equipment in order to install or check the installations of network devices and cabling. Travel to various worksites may be required.
Moving of self
Moving of equipment
Visual acuity ford driving and computer work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Windows: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations