Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in a strategy or advisory role working with executives
- 3 years of experience in communications
- Experience writing for and working directly with executives or other leaders
- Experience in advising executive leaders on strategy, organization, and operations topics
- Experience building and executing programs and managing them to scale
- Experience working on events and projects with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environments
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communications, project management, video, graphics, or other multimedia skills
About the job
The Devices and Services Business Organization (DSBO) was formed with the purpose of bringing Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio and suite of services. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers, energy providers, and more.
The Strategy and Operations team supports DSBO by providing strategic guidance and scaled support needed to enable the growth of the business.
The Global Business Strategy (GBS) team helps make Google’s complex business organization run smoothly. The group drives core planning activities and develops frameworks to integrate global business strategies across the Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships organizations. Experts in both Google’s go to market organization and the industries where we compete, they drive strategic and operational improvements while working closely with Senior Leadership on a range of critical initiatives and projects. The GBS team is at the forefront of addressing the Business organization’s most strategic priorities, reporting and working directly for Google’s Chief Business Officer.
- Manage end-to-end internal communications plans, tactics, and outcomes.
- Develop and execute creative strategies for communicating to employees and taking into account the needs of different audiences.
- Build and deliver communications plans that integrate into the wider Devices and Services, Global Partnerships, and Google communication strategies and coordinate with stakeholders across different areas of the business/company.
- Develop, write, and edit communications for executives including emails, talking points, briefing docs, internal presentations decks, and more.
- Manage and consult on internal communications aspects of wider project plans to ensure internal audiences receive clear communications during times of change.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.