- Requisition no: 519425
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Columbia Health
- Grade: Grade 11
- Categories: Information Technology, Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $80,000-85,000
Provide front-line technology-related end-user support for all Columbia Health units. Responsibilities include providing timely hardware, software, and overall user support for all Columbia Health systems and applications with little supervision. Assess priority of requests and triage to appropriate Columbia Health team member, or external team. Escalate problems to appropriate external teams or vendor support teams. Maintain up to date Operating System builds for enterprise desktop environment, on domain laptops, off domain laptops, and custom build systems.
Coordinates and implements hardware and software upgrades and repairs to all hardware. Instructs users, through training classes, on the use of various hardware and software applications. Maintains hardware and software inventory. Organize users and computers into an optimized Group Policy layout. Implement group policy measures that align with security and business functions. Provide overall user support by installing network application software, granting access to users, creating user groups, managing shared resources, and installing peripherals. The IT Support Specialist will provide coverage for other IT department functions as necessary.
- Independently perform troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and installation activities. (25%)
- Assemble and install computer equipment on units of local area network requiring use of standard interface protocols.
- Perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, and network systems.
- Support Columbia Health computing and network operations and procedures. Work in close coordination with IT leadership to provide expertise in isolating and solving problems within applicant systems and interface. May assist with identifying cost-effective solutions for new and existing software and hardware needs.
- Maintain inventory of all computer, card reader, tablet, scanner, and mobile devices within the department. Perform the necessary action to replace or repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Coordinate and perform system administration tasks including creating and maintaining user permission for all system functions. (25%)
- Set-up and configures hardware, install and up-grade software, and configures network settings on user workstation, create user groups, and manage shared resources.
- Provide support for hardware, peripherals, and network access.
- Provide support for office productivity applications such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Office365 Suites, and other relevant software as assigned.
- Coordinate and maintain a log of help desk request activities.
- Assist in the developing and maintaining of problem management procedures and documentation.
- Maintain stability and reliability of software applications and ensure the addition of same are technically sound. (20%)
- Track issues and resolve functional difficulties for staff by being the first point of contact.
- Provide systems analysis and technical advice to IT leadership to measure and improve department effectiveness.
- Collaborate with Columbia Health divisions and vendors to identify and specify requirements for technical solutions to support complex service processes.
- Recommend alternative application solutions such as integration and installation of possible third party software products.
- Assist with transfer of data between Columbia Health and other Columbia departments, affiliated institutions, and outside contractors following established protocols. Perform assigned administrative and maintenance procedures on departmental databases and other applications running on designated software. Provide staff training on information systems, hardware, and software. (15%)
- Execute applicable preventative measures for network or workstation problems; ensuring system is ready for the days work, examine system logs for errors or potential problems. (15%)
- Daily tasks should find and correct patterns of errors.
- Correct selection and implementation methodology of daily tasks should strive to proactively prevent system wide downtimes.
- System availability versus acceptable system downtime and recovery must be compared and enumerated to meet any future problems and to provide an effective disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure that disaster recovery strategies and their implications are understood.
- These procedures should cover as many foreseeable problems and levels of downtime as possible as well as, suggestions for multiple recovery strategies.
- Performed other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in IT related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, OSX operating systems
- Network administration, TCP/IP networking, and Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Active Directory concepts, Users and Groups Administration, Group Policy Administration
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, data manipulation, and SQL
- Knowledge of LAN computing environment
- Experience or training in troubleshooting and maintaining PCs, networks, and peripherals
- Familiarity with iOS devices, mobile, tablets
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment
- Previous helpdesk experience in an academic enterprise level environment
- Ability to independently research problems and create solutions
- Familiarity with the following or similar
- Scripting languages
- Windows command line interface
- Cloud technology and storage
- Knowledge of AirWatch or other iOS MDM
- SCCM and Microsoft Server 2012/2016 with MDT
- ServiceNow or other web-based ITIL tools
- Bomgar, Zoom, other screenshare platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Oct 13 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Size : 10000+ Employees
Founded : 1938
Type : College / University
Industry : Colleges & Universities
Sector : Education
Revenue : $2 to $5 billion (USD)